Scorpius versus Saggitarius

Scorpius versus Saggitarius
Scorpius versus Saggitarius

Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Quarter 2/ Observations #2

Nov.15, 2011
7:00 P.M. - 7:20 P.M.
In the North/ Northeastern sky I saw one of our constellations of the week, Cassiopeia. Just above Cassiopeia I saw Andromeda and off to Cassiopeia's left was the upside-down house of Cepheus. Then I turned around and faced South and picked out the square of Pegasus. From that point I was able to jump to Aquarius the Water Bearer and then to Piscis Austrinus the Southern Fish, which was just above the horizon. The Summer Triangle was directly above me during this time and Jupiter was in the Eastern sky.
Total time observed = 20 minutes

Nov.16, 2011
5:30 P.M. - 6:10 P.M.
HALLELUJAH, I FINALLY SAW MERCURY! It has been fifteen days since my last trip to the beach and I was worried I would miss it again. My mum and I managed to catch the sunset and a couple of dolphins on camera while we were there. More importantly, we managed to make out Mercury just below Venus in the southwestern sky at precisely 6:10 P.M. It could not of been more opportune because we had just decided to leave before any sketchy people could show up on the dark beach! Also Jupiter was the most visible object in the eastern sky and the moon was waning gibbous today.
Total time observed = 40 minutes

Cumulative time observed = 1 hour

1 comment:

  1. I took pictures of Mercury, Venus, and Mars but they did not show up in the images.

    ReplyDelete