Scorpius versus Saggitarius

Scorpius versus Saggitarius
Scorpius versus Saggitarius

Sunday, December 11, 2011

Quarter 2/ Observations #3

7:00 PM - 8:00 PM
My goal tonight was to identify as many constellations as I could with my focus primarily on the fall constellations. In the eastern sky the moon was full which made finding Cepheus, Andromeda, and Perseus hard but not impossible. I had used Pegasus above me as a jumping off point to locate most of the constellations; additionally, Jupiter and Cassiopeia were overhead. To the north was Draco and Ursa Minor (Polaris gave it away). In the southeast I could see Orion thanks to a trio of vertical stars, Orion's Belt. In the southwest there was Aquarius pouring water into Piscis Austrinus's "mouth". To the south Cetus could be interpreted based on the  constellations I was finding around it. Finally in the northwestern sky there was Lacerta the lizard, high in the sky, and the Summer Triangle was close to the horizon.

No comments:

Post a Comment