Scorpius versus Saggitarius

Scorpius versus Saggitarius
Scorpius versus Saggitarius

Thursday, September 22, 2011

Quarter 1 / Observations #1

September. 22, 2011
I saw moon today in school parking lot around 6:50 A.M, was directly overhead and waning crescent. 6:50 A.M. - 6:55 A.M.
I saw the sunset around 7:10-7:15 P.M on the horizon.
I stayed out from 8:00 to 8:45 P.M because thunderstorms ruined my sky.
I was told the Autumnal equinox is tomorrow, I wonder if this will change the constellations in the sky tomorrow.

September. 16, 2011
At 6:00 A.M. saw a red light in the eastern sky, Mars maybe?
Jupiter is small and bright this morning. It is relatively close to the moon now, just to the right of it in the sky.
Moon is waning gibbous.
6:00 A.M. -6:10 A.M.

September. 11, 2011
I saw harvest moon at 8:30 P.M. in the eastern sky. The moonlight was extra bright tonight.
I went looking for constellations and saw the Summer Triangle (Vega, Altair, and Deneb).
I could not make out Aquila or Lyra.
Clouds started to cover the sky around 8 P.M.
7:30 - 8:30 P.M.
P.S - Harvest moon is orange.
Total observation hours so far... 2 hours and 5 mins.

No comments:

Post a Comment