Scorpius versus Saggitarius

Scorpius versus Saggitarius
Scorpius versus Saggitarius

Sunday, May 20, 2012

Quarter 4/ Observations #2

Quarter 4/ Observations #2
May.20,2012

Tonight was my first night that I began tracking the disappearance of Venus in the western sky. If a phase can be applied to Venus' phases then I would say it was "waning crescent"; however it was still one of the brightest objects in the nighttime sky( it certainly is in the western sky). Additionally, Venus sat in Taurus the Bull tonight. For my next observation I began looking for other bright celestial objects, and found Sirius shining bright in the southwestern sky. Then I saw Mars in the southwest, located near Regulus in Leo the Lion. Finally I looked further south for Saturn and found it near Spica in Virgo the Virgin. Also the moon must have been "new" since I could not see it.



P.S - I would have started looking at Venus earlier this weekend but Cobalt takes precedence.

Observation hours: 7 PM - 9 PM
2 hours

No comments:

Post a Comment